Every Monday morning at 7:10 am, I am a guest contributor on CHOM 97.7 FM radio broadcasting out of Montreal (home base). It's not a long segment - about 5 to 10 minutes every week - about everything that is happening in the world of technology and digital media. The good folks at CHOM 97.7 FM are posting these segments weekly to SoundCloud, if you're interested in hearing more of me blathering away. I'm really excited about this opportunity, because this is the radio station that I grew up on listening to, and it really is a fun treat to be invited to the Mornings Rock with Terry and Heather B. morning show. The segment is called, CTRL ALT Delete with Mitch Joel.
This week we discussed:
- Heather B needs some Birthday Beats.
- Will we see the day: wireless charging... the end of wires.
- Charge your smartphone without plugging it in.
- What is this doing to our brains? The evidence is not conclusive.
- If you're worried about you brain... be careful about these devices on your laps or in your pockets.
- The rise of the standing desk.
- Nilofer Merchant - is sitting the new cancer?
- Walking meetings are a good idea.
- Varidesk... an interesting way to adjust your desk.
- Remember, whatever you create online should be the things that you would say to someone's face.
- App of the week (not an app but something to watch): Celebrities read mean tweets.