Every Monday morning at 7:10 am, I am a guest contributor on CHOM 97.7 FM radio broadcasting out of Montreal (home base). It's not a long segment - about 5 to 10 minutes every week - about everything that is happening in the world of technology and digital media. The good folks at CHOM 97.7 FM are posting these segments weekly to SoundCloud, if you're interested in hearing more of me blathering away. I'm really excited about this opportunity, because this is the radio station that I grew up on listening to, and it really is a fun treat to be invited to the Mornings Rock with Terry and Heather B. morning show. The segment is called, CTRL ALT Delete with Mitch Joel.
This week we discussed:
- Sleep deprivation.
- Facebook buys Oculus for two billion dollars.
- Kickstarter and the Oculus kickback.
- Facebook is looking at the future of computers.
- Oculus is for gamers now... but just wait!
- We need to think of how technology augments our work experience... and not the automation factor.
- Facebook redesign.
- The killing of notifications.
- Duolingo and the future of learning language.
- Online education like University of the People.
- Harvard even has a free class in computer programming.
- App of the week: FireChat.