Every morning at 7:10 am, I am a guest contributor on CHOM 97.7 FM radio broadcasting out of Montreal (home base). It's not a long segment - about 5 to 10 minutes every week - about everything that is happening in the world of technology and digital media. The good folks at CHOM 97.7 FM are posting these segments weekly to SoundCloud, if you're interested in hearing more of me blathering away. I'm really excited about this opportunity, because this is the radio station that I grew up on listening to, and it really is a fun treat to be invited to the Mornings Rock with Terry and Heather B. morning show. The segment is called, CTRL ALT Delete with Mitch Joel.
This week we discussed:
- 60 Minutes - The Data Brokers - Selling Your Personal Information.
- Consumers need to know the difference between our personal data and the personalization of our business.
- Let's not be too alarmist about what is really being used, but let's be aware and smart with our data.
- Individuals need to be advocates and owners of their personal data.
- Amazon knows things about you that your spouse doesn't even know yet.
- Everything online is public... remember this.
- Education of media needs to be implemented at the elementary schools (and for parents).
- Nestlé urges workaholics to take a break - and how about a Kit Kat?
- The 7 Best Apps for When You're Sitting on the Toilet.
- App of the week: Tinder.