Every morning at 7:10 am, I am a guest contributor on CHOM 97.7 FM radio broadcasting out of Montreal (home base). It's not a long segment - about 5 to 10 minutes every week - about everything that is happening in the world of technology and digital media. The good folks at CHOM 97.7 FM are posting these segments weekly to SoundCloud, if you're interested in hearing more of me blathering away. I'm really excited about this opportunity, because this is the radio station that I grew up on listening to, and it really is a fun treat to be invited to the Mornings Rock with Terry and Heather B. morning show. Sadly, this week, Terry was out with the flu, but Rob Kemp was there! The segment is called, CTRL ALT Delete with Mitch Joel.
This week we discussed:
- Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas this week.
- Wearable technology.
- Was Google Glass a failure?
- The consumer's desire for everything cheaper and faster.
- Google is buying a lot of robots.
- Can we imagine life without Google.
- Is anyone spying on you via your computer's webcam? Try reading this: Yes, Someone Can Spy On You Using Your Own MacBook Webcam.
- App of the week is: BandsInTown.