Every Monday morning at 7:10 am, I am a guest contributor on CHOM 97.7 FM radio broadcasting out of Montreal (home base). It's not a long segment - about 5 to 10 minutes every week - about everything that is happening in the world of technology and digital media. The good folks at CHOM 97.7 FM are posting these segments weekly to SoundCloud, if you're interested in hearing more of me blathering away. I'm really excited about this opportunity, because this is the radio station that I grew up on listening to, and it really is a fun treat to be invited to the Mornings Rock with Terry and Heather B. morning show. The segment is called, CTRL ALT Delete with Mitch Joel.
This week we discussed:
- Amazon is going to become a media and advertising beast. They are about to launch a new advertising platform. Watch out Google.
- Will Amazon... and Google eat itself? It is possible.
- Google is planning to offer accounts to kids under 13.
- What doesn't Google or Amazon know about us?
- Google Maps is tracking you.
- Did you know that Twitter is putting content into your feed whether you asked for it, followed the individual, or not?
- Is there a Dr. Evil feel to all of this?
- Do you know who Tyler Oakley is? He is the true, new media.
- So is Bethany Mota (and she's on the cover of Fast Company this month).
- App of the week: Mathway.