Every Monday morning at 7:10 am, I am a guest contributor on CHOM 97.7 FM radio broadcasting out of Montreal (home base). It's not a long segment - about 5 to 10 minutes every week - about everything that is happening in the world of technology and digital media. The good folks at CHOM 97.7 FM are posting these segments weekly to SoundCloud, if you're interested in hearing more of me blathering away. I'm really excited about this opportunity, because this is the radio station that I grew up on listening to, and it really is a fun treat to be invited to the Mornings Rock with Terry and Heather B. morning show. The segment is called, CTRL ALT Delete with Mitch Joel.
This week we discussed:
- Heather B. gets injured on water slides and not jumping out of airplanes.
- Will you ever lose your luggage again?
- Smart luggage will never get lost and text you when it's lonely?
- Facebook is fine to be toying with your emotions... is there really a problem with this?
- Shouldn't all brands be experimenting with this?
- Isn't this like split A/B testing?
- It's hard to do anything when everybody wants a say in everything.
- Remember, even in a democracy: the media is slanted and the perspectives are always being manipulated.
- Media is always manipulating you.
- Drones fly through fireworks and it shows you how this technology is going to change everything (again).
- GoPro plus drones are a pretty awesome and new way to see things.
- App of the week: Genius Scan.