Every Monday morning at 7:10 am, I am a guest contributor on CHOM 97.7 FM radio broadcasting out of Montreal (home base). It's not a long segment - about 5 to 10 minutes every week - about everything that is happening in the world of technology and digital media. The good folks at CHOM 97.7 FM are posting these segments weekly to SoundCloud, if you're interested in hearing more of me blathering away. I'm really excited about this opportunity, because this is the radio station that I grew up on listening to, and it really is a fun treat to be invited to the Mornings Rock with Terry and Heather B. morning show. The segment is called, CTRL ALT Delete with Mitch Joel.
This week we discussed:
- Terry's away on vacation and we're live with Rob Kemp.
- Was at Google last week in Silicon Valley and spent some time at Facebook and Apple as well.
- My job was designed to be around interesting people.
- Also happened to run into Chris Cornell from Soundgarden at the airport.
- My #1 trick for how to meet a celebrity and still be cool about it (seriously).
- Great work environments inspire better work.
- These are not offices... these are true campuses.
- Even the waiters are working on a startup.
- Cruise along University Avenue in Palo Alto.
- You do feel like you know these people... even though you never met them (you know, Mark Zuckerberg).
- Silicon Valley is like Disneyland for adults.
- Does George Takei come up with all of his Facebook memes? It's an example of great curation.
- App of the week: Starbucks.