If you're looking for some cool Social Media stats to bulk up a presentation or bring this new media channel to the attention of your superiors, look no further.
Here are some of the more interesting Social Media stats:
- Facebook tops Google for weekly traffic in the U.S.
- 1 out of 8 couples married in the U.S. last year met via social media
- Facebook added over 200 million users in less than a year
- iPhone applications hit 1 billion in 9 months.
- The fastest growing segment on Facebook is 55-65 year-old females
- Generation Y and Z consider email passé - some universities have stopped distributing email accounts
- The #2 largest search engine in the world is YouTube
- There are over 200,000,000 Blogs
(hat-tip Avinash Kaushik).